Electronic advice, Raymarine C120

Tashmoo

Reaction score
I am being told by a local electronics distributor that the Raymarine C120 has a screen that is difficult to see in direct sun light when compared to the E120 and that the C120 processor is at its limits.

My application is for depth/fish finding, GPS and satellite radio/ weather. I want the large screen as my eyes are not what they once were. My boat is a Tournament 275 without a hard top and as such radar is not an option. What is the opinion out their on the C120 form a visual point of view and has anyone seen a problem with the processor?

reelscreamer2

Reaction score
I have 2 Raymarine C80 units on my boat and I have not had any problems with viewing the screens. I must admit that I have a hardtop so sunlight is not much of an issue. The only advantage that I can see with the E series is that you can connect multiple units and have redundancy of your electronics. I really don't think the quality of the displays could be that different.

Pete

ottobozart

Reaction score
If you want buoy, fuel and marina locations in high detail on your plot charter, you need the Navionics overlay. If a 12" screen will fit, then you have to get the E120. The C 120 will not support Navionics.

GulfGrady

Reaction score
I have twin E80's and I feel that the processor in the E series are pretty much maxed out also. The redraw rate is very slow sometimes.

Boats Rock

Reaction score
I have a C120 and was told the same thing. I have no problem with daytime viewing. The only things you gain with a E120 is more heat from the unit and power consumption. And the ability to add a video camera. Plus some features from the Platinum chart card. My radar,depth charting and Gps are good.And communications to the radio and auto pilot work fine. I have a gold Navionics card.