Express 360 Refrigerator

DSC

Reaction score
Hello all,

I’m new to the site and have really enjoyed the tremendous amount of knowledge from its members. I’m the proud new to me owner of a 2008 Grady White 360, and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on how to supply the refrigerator and fish boxes with power without AC shore power or running the generator? In other words, how can I keep the beer cold when we’re out fishing (besides a cooler)? Has anyone installed a separate battery and inverter? Thanks!

Bayhouse

Reaction score
The refrigerator on my 330 has both an AC and DC switch on the panel - doesn't yours?

As for the Fish Boxes, I assume they have chillers driven by the air conditioning system and I doubt you'll find a battery/inverter that would be large enough to power them for a long fishing day. Why not just run the genny?

DSC

Reaction score
The fridge is actually only on the AC panel on the 360....really odd if you ask me. Ultimately, I will need to periodically run the generator to keep the fish boxes cool and the fridge cold, but I was looking for a way to not put so many hours on the generator and have a bit more quiet.

Bayhouse

Reaction score
I think your only other options then are a large batt bank and inverter or a cooler and external ice supply (if you can't generate enough ice/cooling before you shut down). My fishing overnights don't generally include lots of sleep and I think leaving everything off for a few hours would keep the beer cold

LongTimeLoafer

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Re: Express 360 Refrigerato

We have the same boat, purchased new. After the first year of ownership, our dealer - Bayside Marine in Duxbury, Ma - installed a separate battery bank and inverter to do exactly what you want. (They worked with Grady on physical placement to ensure that the resulting weight increase was properly distributed.). We could not be happier, as the system has worked flawlessly since it was put in.

I am not sufficiently technically competent to answer any installation questions that you might have, but I’m pretty sure that the guys at Bayside (family owned and run, GREAT dealership) would be happy to help if you contact them.

Anyway, the bottom-line is that your idea is a proven good one. Good luck!

Jerry

DSC

Reaction score
Thanks Jerry! With your setup....how long can you run the fridge without having to turn on the generator?