Fischer Panda generator no voltage

DWiss

Reaction score
I have a 2008 336 with a Fischer Panda Generator. On my last trip started up the generator, no problems and the green power available light in the console never came on and the generator had no voltage. Generator starts and runs fine but no voltage available???? Very disappointing when you're out in the canyon with little ice and you can't run the freezer plates when the yellow fin are biting.

When back at the dock connected the shore power and everything works fine on shore power. Start the generator up no problem, but no votage from the generator. The generator runs with no sign of any problem.

The owners manual talks about the posible need to remagnetize the rotor after "longer service lives" or if the generator was shut off under a full load. The generator only has about 80 hours on her and I remember allowing the generator coll down and shutting down the load prior to shutting her down after the last trip (2 days prior).

I know the generator was working fine the last trip because the fish at the bottom of the box were frozen solid when i retuned from the last trip.

According to the owners manual the rotor can be remagnatized using a 9 volt battery connected to the "plug socket". Does anybody know what or where the the plug socket is? I called the dealer and they are going to send someone out but that can take time since it seems as though the diesel generator maintenance is done by someone else who will "call me when they are in the area".

Any suggestions since I would like to make a few more trips overnight in the next few days and don't like to go to the canyons without a generator???

seabob4

Reaction score
Get a hold of GW Customer Service and let them know that you need a certified FP Generator tech out there NOW! Well, maybe not so insistent. Your gennis' not old, nor has it run much. There may be a loose wire in the electrical connection point on the gennie. But being on Long Island, and this being a "new" boat, GW needs to take care of you.

As long as she's running good, that means the motor's fine. Let the the CS dept. know you have a trip planned for the weekend out to the canyons, put the pressure on them!