Fischer Panda Generator Question

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi,
Wondering if anyone had a starting issue with their generator and could share some tips.

When the power button is pressed and all leds illuminate as they should. The start button is depressed and the generator usually starts right up.
The last few times, I hear a repetitive clicking noise, almost sounds like a relay engaging and disengaging when the start button is depressed. If I hold for too long the 25A fuse on the generator poped - only did this one time. If I depress the start button 2-3 times for 5 sec each time, the generator usually catches and starts.

I tried the K1 relay as suggested by FP as this is a pretty cheap part. The solenoid and starter are one unit sold together. I plan to pull the starter/solenoid and see if anything is sticking or keeping the starter motor gear from engaging and maybe lubing the spring/starter gear assembly and giving it a shot before buying a $350 part. Any advice or troubleshooting tips folks may have is appreciated.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Before you do anything make sure you have enough diesel in the tank and also make sure is clean. Our generators don't burn much and the diesel stays in the tank for a long time and gets contaminated. Use some additives to clean thing up and use it every fill up.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi
Thanks for responding. I think you are on to something. The diesel has been in there for a while and is likely contaminated. It was difficult to tell at first, but the generator starter is working as it should. It appears to be just hard starting. I plan to drain the tank and put fresh fuel in as we'll as an additive as as you suggest.

Thanks again.

gulfcart

Reaction score
Make sure the check valve is working. It's built into the fuel pump. If its not holding the fuel will run back to tank when not running thus making hard to start until fuel is pumped back into system.

beachbum

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
what additives are you adding to your diesel for the generator?

thx

beachbum

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
OK, I am convinced but what does it do/prevent?