Fisher panda overheating while underway

mornin' sun

Reaction score
Have a 2007 360 express with the fisher panda generator..gen works great at the dock but when we take it out and put her on plane she overheats..The lines
are clear or she would over heat in the slip...Any suggestions???/

DSC

Reaction score
I have an 08 360 express with the same exact problem. Gen works fine unless on a plane in which it overheats after about 10 minutes. Mine is in freshwater, flat conditions still cause overheating when on a plane. I’ve had it serviced and still can’t find the problem.

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Sounds like the builder placed the pickup too far forward. Either put a scoop type pickup on or relocate pickup to solid water area.

DSC

Reaction score
Sounds like the builder placed the pickup too far forward. Either put a scoop type pickup on or relocate pickup to solid water area.
That was my thinking too.

phs115

Reaction score
I have an 08 360 express with the same exact problem. Gen works fine unless on a plane in which it overheats after about 10 minutes. Mine is in freshwater, flat conditions still cause overheating when on a plane. I’ve had it serviced and still can’t find the problem.
What power setup are you running on yours. We just had a repower and looking to see if that could cause the pickup to come out of the water as we are moving faster and trimmed differently.

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Next time you are out, try trimming your engines down while planing to force the bow down more than usual and see if that puts water to the genny. If it does then moving the pickup aft is necessary. Before you go to that extreme, make sure though that there is nothing forward of the existing pickup that could cause turbulence like a head discharge or fishbox discharge.

DSC

Reaction score
What power setup are you running on yours. We just had a repower and looking to see if that could cause the pickup to come out of the water as we are moving faster and trimmed differently.
Twin 350’s