Found! 2000+ Adventure 208 with newer power

Hello,

Looking for the following unicorn to ship all the way to Hawaii:

2000+ 208 Adventure with a factory hardtop and newer (2013+) Yamaha or Suzuki engine.

And since I’m asking for the world:

Newer aluminum bunk trailer....

Realistically I’m looking for any leads on a 208 Adventure with new (2013+) power. Don’t need a big engine (150 is fine) and I can buy a new trailer after the fact. Just looking for something that is well maintained and won’t need too much work to get it ready for 20+ mile trips offshore here (usually pretty choppy/rough).

I’d appreciate any leads on privately owned boats; I will coordinate shipping to Hawaii.

I’d also consider boats you’ve seen at reputable dealers but will probably have seen them if they’re on any website...

Thank you!

Just curious? Why are you dropping back to a 208? Thought you were in the market for a 226/228?
Thank you for asking. A couple people I know here have 208s and they do fine in some pretty nasty weather. The 226/228 would have been nice but the storage would have been more of an issue. No doubt the bigger boat would ride better but the incremental improvement doesn’t seem to be enough to rule out the 208s. Trying to keep my mind open but if I’m way off track here I’d definitely like to hear from more experienced owners.

seasick

A 208 with 4 stroke 150 power is going to feel under-powered, especially with additional bodies, full-ish tank and snotty seas. With a hard top, you will be seriously dissapointed with a 150, I wouldn't consider it at all, regardless of price. The original Grady specs for a 208 with a hatdtop was 175 horse and that was a 2 stroke. The newer I4 200 is a much much better match.
I have a 208 and can say that it can take harsher weather than I can! It can pound and it does roll a lot when swells are present off beam with the boat at rest or trolling slowly. When it really pounds, it can be a wet ride with water sprat over the windscreen

A 208 with 4 stroke 150 power is going to feel under-powered, especially with additional bodies, full-ish tank and snotty seas. With a hard top, you will be seriously dissapointed with a 150, I wouldn't consider it at all, regardless of price. The original Grady specs for a 208 with a hatdtop was 175 horse and that was a 2 stroke. The newer I4 200 is a much much better match.
I have a 208 and can say that it can take harsher weather than I can! It can pound and it does roll a lot when swells are present off beam with the boat at rest or trolling slowly. When it really pounds, it can be a wet ride with water sprat over the windscreen
That’s exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for!

Both 208s here I know of have 150 4-strokes and for 85% of normal use don’t feel underpowered (we don’t often run on plane here due to the water). But looking at the used market you’re right that most of the used boats are have 200+ hp 4-strokes and I don’t recall anyone ever complaining of having power in reserve.

Looks like now I should consider repowering one with an older engine with a new I4 200; any idea what that would cost installed with fly by wire controls?

Found one and getting her prepped along with a new trailer prior to being shipped across a continent and ocean. Thank you for all who offered your advice, insights, and passed on leads for other boats!