Freedom 205 / 215

jmich002

Reaction score
Hello all.
I have narrowed my boat search down to a used Freedom 205 or 215. Looking at anything from a 2008 and beyond. Budget max is approximately 45k. Are there any changes or advancements throughout the model years that are worth noting? I am willing to spend more or stay away from older models if there is a good reason too. Thank you for your help!!!

Capt Tom

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 205
Hello all.
I have narrowed my boat search down to a used Freedom 205 or 215. Looking at anything from a 2008 and beyond. Budget max is approximately 45k. Are there any changes or advancements throughout the model years that are worth noting? I am willing to spend more or stay away from older models if there is a good reason too. Thank you for your help!!!
With a 45K budget you can pretty much rule out the 215. This model is only a few years old since replacing the 205's. Prior to 2011 the Freedom 205 was called the Tournament, same hull but the Freedoms had more updated features. I want to say in 2014 this hull no longer used wood so something to keep in mind. Also Grady was quick to equip many of these boats with a 150HP motor which is just adequate at best. Otherwise a great hull for that size class, I personally would put their 20 footers up against any other.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
With a 45K budget you can pretty much rule out the 215. This model is only a few years old since replacing the 205's. Prior to 2011 the Freedom 205 was called the Tournament, same hull but the Freedoms had more updated features. I want to say in 2014 this hull no longer used wood so something to keep in mind. Also Grady was quick to equip many of these boats with a 150HP motor which is just adequate at best. Otherwise a great hull for that size class, I personally would put their 20 footers up against any other.
When it comes to boats 24 feet or less in my opinion Grady makes /made some of the best out there. I had a 192 and I think that was the best 19 foot boat on the water. I am biased but I think the seafarer is one of the best 22 footers on the water too. They are one of the few builders to build great small boats.