Freedom 235

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Anyone else get the email today about the new Freedom 235?

Guess we couldn't escape the Euro Transom trend forever. Cockpit looks smaller to me, too. I wonder if the 225 stays on or is killed?

Grady_Crazy

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Yes I got it also. I guess it is OK but not my cup of tea. I looked at a Freedom 225 at the Charleston Boat Show and it was close to 100K. I bet it will be 135-150K or so. Does look small, compared to ours it has no room.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Buddy of mine has been going back and forth with a dealer in FL on a leftover 2015 225. They are hard by $90K which is - to me - absurd.

The new 235 seems to remind me of a Pursuit 235DC, which is - if course - the old Century mold that Pursuit bought when Century shut down. I crawled around on one at a boat show somewhere and while the boat was put together well, the cockpit is small when the bench seat is up. From the pics in the email I received, looks to be the same with the GW 235. Guess I'll have to find one and see once they hit the dealers.

Dogfish

Reaction score
It's amazing how many freedom models are out now. My beloved 225's days are numbered.
The pricing is out of control!

Grady_Crazy

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The new models are very very nice but I prefer the basic boats with less vinyl, less maintenance. I have a 2000 Tournament 225 and a Carolina Skiff 1980. Both simple, plain functional boats. I don't like maintenance and having to pamper a boat. Each of my boats has a purpose.

Grady_Crazy

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I spoke with my Grady dealer today, picking up a part and he said they would run about 110K and he has already quoted one but not sold yet. He also said the enclosed head was larger and was a heck of a boat.

Grady_Crazy

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
That's why I bought a 2000 Tournament 225 in 2015. I would really like to have a new boat but I can't justify the cost. I also looked at a new 191 Coastal Explorer with trailer for 54K.

billyttpd

Reaction score
I am in the same boat as you Grady Crazy, pun intended. well I'm in a 96 Adventure but I can't justify the cost of a new one either. I will just enjoy what I have

Grady_Crazy

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
billyttpd said:
I am in the same boat as you Grady Crazy, pun intended. well I'm in a 96 Adventure but I can't justify the cost of a new one either. I will just enjoy what I have

I really like my 2000 Tournament. Plenty of room, easy maintenance, low taxes and insurance, and I don't have to worry about every little thing scratching up a "new" boat. It is built like a tank so I expect it to last for many, many years. The new ones are very nice and plush but I don't want to maintain a plush boat.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
I got the email and the space consumed by the Euro transom and all is significant to me. It seems like a family boat more than a fishing boat for sure...$110k.Really?

Dogfish

Reaction score
....and just as suspected another use of the hull. The FISHERMAN 236 was just introduced. Curious of peoples thoughts. Im thinking its the end of the traditional transom. The euro is here. If I'm purchasing this size boat for Primarily family use its nice. Strickly fishing I'd be more inclined to go with the Fisherman 230.

billyttpd

Reaction score
I would definitely expect a walkaround based on this new hull soon. I expected one when the 230 Fisherman came out. Sadly this might be the writing on the wall signaling the end of the Seafarer AND Gulfstream.