Freedom 275 offshore?

StevieFrompa

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
Hey everyone--I'm looking at a pre-owned Freedom 275 with dual 200s and wondering if anyone here has one and fishes offshore (I'm in mid-Atlantic) with it? I noticed only 19 degrees deadrise and still the same 8'6" beam of the Freedom 235 ad 255 but in a 27-footer. Wondering if either of those issues would be a cause for concern offshore. Sea trialed a 235 recently and was very impressed and assuming this would be as good or better. Thanks!

Uncle Joe

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I run 50 miles offshore in my 24 with a single outboard. You have to pick your weather window. I wouldn't hesitate to go further in a 27 with twins if the forecast was favorable. Overnight? Eh........

SCW

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
I have a 2011 275 with twin 150's. I am located on Cape Cod and use the boat in Nantucket sound. It is always choppy here and the boat does fine. I think most would say it does better than most other boats would. That being said you are right it is the same beam as the shorter boats. I do wish I had a 285 with the wider beam, would it make that much difference? Not sure? I am new to boating and have only had the boat a couple years so I may not be the best to offer up advise.

lyncha00

Reaction score
I have a 275 with a single F350 and would say the narrow beam is a plus for its length in rougher conditions. The hull has a deep and relatively sharp forefoot that helps reduce pounding and the moderate deadrise allows a lower planing speed. You may not be going as fast as a 24 degree deadrise hull can but its a fairly comfortable ride when it gets rough.