Fuel Delivery

hinmo

Reaction score
Hi - new engines installed, and I asked them to take out primer pumps and put in squeeze bulbs. After sea trial by the boatyard, noticed one bulb collapsed and changing tanks to that engine/bulb did not relieve.

Thinking there's some sort of blockage somewhere...any thoughts? Anti siphon valve?

(Note - no failures during seatrial and engine was just running at dock in idle)

seasick

Reaction score
hinmo said:
Hi - new engines installed, and I asked them to take out primer pumps and put in squeeze bulbs. After sea trial by the boatyard, noticed one bulb collapsed and changing tanks to that engine/bulb did not relieve.

Thinking there's some sort of blockage somewhere...any thoughts? Anti siphon valve?

(Note - no failures during seatrial and engine was just running at dock in idle)
I would first check that the primer bulb was installed in the correct direction and go from there.
If you changes the tank from primary to or vice versa and the bulb was still collapsed then it is not likely that both anti-siphon valves went bad at the same time. If the bulb is installed correctly, then the blockage would have to be between the primer bub and the fuel tank selector. That probably includes the water separator and associated hoses.

hinmo

Reaction score
agree - after drawing a simple diagram of the dual tank, dual engine system, that bulb's path is only unique from the switch to the engine (leaving bulb, separator, and switch itself). We'll see, they are looking at it, hopefully a defective bulb

yes, checked the direction was correct

Thanks

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Something to check;

some fuel hose has a clear lining. it can separate from the inside of the hose and push in when you put it on a hose barb.
I had one block fuel when it was on the barb and not block fuel when I took it off to check it, then blocked fuel when I put it back on.

Took 3 hours to figure that one out.