Fuel Management system - suggestions?

reefer

Reaction score
I'm looking to put a fuel managment system in my overnighter - any suggestions on a decent one that is over the top expensive?

gwwannabe

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Fuel management system - suggestions

I just put a Northstar F210 unit on my Overnighter. I went with this unit because some people on this site recommended it and it was only $99. I've only had it out on the water once for a brief ride but I can already see that I'll be adjusting my trim and RPMs. The primary reason I wanted a unit like this was to find the optimum trim and cruise RPM.

One thing that surprised me (if I understand the book correctly) is at idle, it says that I'm burning fuel at a rate of over 7 gals an hour. I'm looking forward to a spending a few hours playing with it soon.

Gary 89 Overnighter 200 hp Johnson

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Lots of possibilites, from Floscan to an NMEA2K interface to your engine.

What year/model engine do you have? What about your electronics?

The Lowrance units with NMEA2K can interface to Yamaha and Suzuki engines.

Or you can go separate, with a Lowrance LMF400 and EP-60 fuel flow interface.

Brian

okletsfish

Reaction score
That was one of the first extra`s I installed on my boat.I went with a Floscan 5500 series and also added an hour meter.The main reason I did this is was to let me know exactly how mush fuel there was in the tank,I don`t trust float switches.The OX66 doesn`t have internal software to keep track of hours and that is why I added the hour meter.As the others say it will help you to dial in to the best fuel burn.

reefer

Reaction score
I have a 225 mercury from 2001 I believe. I do have a lowrance but its not compatable with the NMEA 2000 networking.

I think I'm gonna go with the lowrance LMF 200 or 400 - Has anybody used these as a stand alone gauge?

NIGHTIDES

Reaction score
Re: Fuel management system - suggestions

gwwannabe said:
I just put a Northstar F210 unit on my Overnighter. I went with this unit because some people on this site recommended it and it was only $99. I've only had it out on the water once for a brief ride but I can already see that I'll be adjusting my trim and RPMs. The primary reason I wanted a unit like this was to find the optimum trim and cruise RPM.

One thing that surprised me (if I understand the book correctly) is at idle, it says that I'm burning fuel at a rate of over 7 gals an hour. I'm looking forward to a spending a few hours playing with it soon.

Gary 89 Overnighter 200 hp Johnson

That is an excellent guage you put on your rig. It was the old Navman Fuel Flow guage that Northstar took over.

If I remember correctly, it come set for 'Imperial Gallons' right out of the box so you have to change that for it to read U.S. gallons. Once calibrated, it is very accurate.