Gman25's NEW MARLIN*****New Pics*****

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Just went to the dealer yesterday. Uncovered and will be bottom painted and prep't in a couple of days then SPLASH in about a week or so. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
marlin022Small.jpg

marlin025Small.jpg

marlin023Small.jpg

Dr. Kleen

Reaction score
Marlin

You will love the Marlin, I've had mine for about 18 months and I can't wait for it to go back in. Getting ready ti upgrade some of my electronics and ap16 with new software.

Good luck

Jeff D

fishie1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
BEEEeeautiful! Best of luck with her- an awesome boat- you're gonna love it.

Bought my first Grady from Dante a couple of years ago- great guy.

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
CONGRATULATIONS !! on a beautiful boat.

You mentioned bottom paint. Are you having a barrier coat done first - it is highly recommended.

I mention it as we were dry-stored for six months, then went "wet". The temperature was a bit cold for properly doing the barrier coat, and we did have subsequent trouble with it.

Brian

gdyup1961

Reaction score
Marlin

Congratultions on the new ride! Absolutely gorgeous. I notice the bowthruster which I've come to rely on probably too much on our 330. Is that standard on the 300? Either way, you'll love it if you've never had one which I hadn't prior to this.

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks all. Dante is getting it ready for me. He really is a great guy.Im not sure about the barrier coat. He did say the paint lasts about 2 years and you just have to touch it up and do the waterline. The thruster is an option on the 300 not standard but something I wouldnt be without.

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Congrats from another very happy Marlin owner. I was in mine last weekend and had a nice hour cruise around Wrightsville Beach.

Joe recently bought one and Bug has one on the way. Welcome to the Marlin club! :D :D :D

What's your electronics package look like?

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks mega. I bought the Furuno 1834c, Furuno 582L, and the simrad AP26 auto pilot at the New York show this year. Im going to do the install as soon as I take delivery in about a week or so. I can think of a few more thinks I can buy for $2500 :shock: by not having the dealer do my install.

Kevcros

Reaction score
Nice rig. Please realize that Megabytes sells RD-30's in his off time. (he sold me on a few for my 33 and they are a nice addition to the package)..

You will learn to LOVE the thruster..

toolguy73

Reaction score
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congtratulations. Good luck with her.

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
You know, Kevin is right.

Joe
Kev
Bud
countless others

I am thinking Furuno owes me some commission. :D

Anyone see the add in the mags this month for the new Simrad remote? It looks pretty amazing from the ad and appears to be able to give and set headings. Wow! Drive from the bow or cockpit when fighting a fish.
I must have one on Megabytes 3.

HDGWJOE

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Cummins, that's an understatement. I'm beginning to think Furuno has already given you a ton of stock options :lol:

GMan... congratulations. I hope to see you out around Montauk this summer. What is your call sign?

marlin30bud

Reaction score
splashed my marlin thursday afternoon and after a very short shakedown run took it to my pier and up on the lift. had to come back to kingsville this morning and wont be able to get back to ocean city till the middle of next week. my wife and her appointments. cant wait to get back and play with my new toy. the thruster is awesome. regards, bud

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Alright! We need pix.

Unfortunately mine was broken into. I lost 2 $600 live bait rigs. They lucked out and didn't set off the alarm until they carried the first rods out. I suppose it could have been worse.

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Mega,sorry to hear about that. I hope there wasnt too much damage. I hate to think what I would do if I ever caught anyone on my boat. Maybe a last minute shark trip :twisted: