GPS Plotter

Lainie J

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I am looking for a new color plotter. I am trying to keep it under a $1,000. I want a GPS plotter only not a duel unit and will not be flush mounting. Any recommendations.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Personal preference is Garmin, and many on the board will agree. Some will pipe up and say Furuno or Lowrance.

You can get a refurb'ed Garmin 3206 for less than $800 from GetFeetWet...and they come with a full one year warranty from Garmin.

I'd also check with Jim at By Owner (http://www.boemarine.com).....he may have the refurbs as well. If you go new, his prices are tough to beat.

GW VOYAGER

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Lainie J
I did a post this morning about needing the same thing .
I to am looking to update my lowrance and I am leaning toward a Garmin
chart/plotter.
I'm looking for some response as the pros and cons of the different ones on the market.
If you get one please let us know what you ended up withand how you like it.

richie rich

Reaction score
Without recommending a specific model, the Garmins seem to have the best "all in one" package at a reasonable price...when people start looking at complete systems with individual components, many go to Furuno, Ray Marine etc.

Blackbird

Reaction score
My experience is the top brands (Garmin, Lowrance) work well. I think Garmin is a little more user friendly. Easier to figure out w/o reading the manual. Lowrance is only a click behind. Most marine stores have displays where you can play with them. I'd recommend checking all out and see which you like best. Then factor in the cost difference. Good luck.

JJB