GRADY 185 TOURNAMENT WINDSHIELD

Pete Good

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 185
My recently purchased 2007 185 Tournament bow rider is missing the center (opening part) of the windshield, frame and glass. I've completely restored the entire boat and this is the last pc I need. I live in the Seattle area and can't find anyone to fabricate a new one or who makes them for Grady. Mine also has the curved corners on the windshield if that matters. Would appreciate any help in pointing me in the right direction! Thanks.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
The center windshield must have a curve to it? That would explain why a regular glass maker can't do it.

Have you looked along the edge/corners of the existing windshield glass? Often the manufacturer puts their name there. If not, call your dealer or Grady directly.

I think I recall reading that Water Bonnet may make some, if not all of the windshields for Grady? Taylor is another big player in the windshield game. Check on your existing glass.

suzukidave

Reaction score
i think a new built to suit windshield from a maker is going to be shockingly spendy. you can try calling local boat builders to find out who their suppliers are and what they might have off the rack that could fit. if the glass is straight, you can adjust the width of a windshield frame by disassembly and trimming the glass and extrusions.

ebay is also a place to buy orphaned windshields. if you have a good eye, you can buy a used windshield from another hull that is fairly close. it is surprising the range of boats that can fit. you can fill pitting on old extrusions and powdercoat.

personally i would measure the dimensions you need and then wait/look for a craigslist donor boat that could fit.