Grady 330 Express - AC vibration/noise while underway

Reaction score
Our 2004 330 Express AC rattles and makes a racket while underway - unit is off FYI. I removed the panel and pushed/pulled on the unit while underway and the noise would stop but would come back after a while. I see where there has been some duct-seal putty installed in some areas around it - just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if they came up with a good way to eliminate the noise/vibration.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
So you've narrowed the noise down to something not secured or loose at the compressor unit? Without being there looking at it, there's no real way to tell you what the issue is. I'm not sure what the putty installed in "some areas" means. Maybe it was put there to lessen the noise (as a bandaid) instead of fixing what was loose or cracked. You're just going to have to look closer or pull it out and look. It shouldn't make that noise so you'll want to find out why it is doing it, not just re-do an apparent band-aid fix. Just to be sure, try running with the seacock closed and see if it makes a difference.