Grady 330 Express - Lift options

Reaction score
We have a 2004 Grady Express 330. We need to upgrade/replace our existing boat lift at our slip. I know the dry weight for our boat is somewhere around 9500-10500 lbs. Curious if anyone else has same boat on a lift and what size lift do you have it on if so? We would be using a cable type (Magnum HD) lift.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I have a 2007 330 with 250s. We have a Hi-Tide lift that is rated for 20K. I estimate the boat with fuel, gear, and a couple crew weighs about 14,500#, maybe 15,000 with everything filled and full of fisherman. Look at some of the 330 performance data from Grady for estimates. I can't say enough about the Hi-Tide lifts, they are overbuilt and ours is pushing 8 years old with no problems. The only drawback is it is slow as I suspect are all heavy lifts. Hi-Tide uses aircraft quality aluminum (6000 series) and stainless steel on everything else. Helped install a 6K Hi-Tide lift next door and it was quality as well. I have no connection to the company, just happy with their products. With a heavy lift, the foundation is probably the most important thing.

Reactions: Ky Grady

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I have a 2007 330 with 250s. We have a Hi-Tide lift that is rated for 20K. I estimate the boat with fuel, gear, and a couple crew weighs about 14,500#, maybe 15,000 with everything filled and full of fisherman. Look at some of the 330 performance data from Grady for estimates. I can't say enough about the Hi-Tide lifts, they are overbuilt and ours is pushing 8 years old with no problems. The only drawback is it is slow as I suspect are all heavy lifts. Hi-Tide uses aircraft quality aluminum (6000 series) and stainless steel on everything else. Helped install a 6K Hi-Tide lift next door and it was quality as well. I have no connection to the company, just happy with their products. With a heavy lift, the foundation is probably the most important thing.

Agree with wspitler:

I will add one more thing: The new lifts come with a high speed motor option that you can specify. In this case "hi speed" is subjective; it's still raises & lowers slowly, just not AS slowly. I opted for the hi speed option and I would estimate it's almost twice as fast as the standard setup. The higher speed option can also be achieved thru gearing. Check with the lift guy who you'll be working with.

Yes, overbuild.. Give yourself a comfortable cushion weight-wise. My Marlin 300 is on a 16k lift. I would not go under 20k for a 33 Express.

Comfortably Numb

Reaction score
I have a four motor lift rated to 20,000 lbs for a 330

I like the 4 motors because of the ability to raise the bow independently of the stern, to angle the boat on the lift for better drainage