Grady White 242 Carribean - stainless steel railing - can I buy a replacement (port side)

Cudjoe Key Bob

Reaction score
Model
Carribean
Grady White 242 Carribean - stainless steel railing - can I buy a replacement (port side)

The railing has come loose from the upright stanchions. The set screws are frozen.
The railing is warped and will not remain on several of the stanchions.
Anywhere I can buy replacement railing or a new railing.
Best wishes!

Bob

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Any halfway decent marine store will have parts that you can use to repair. Being in Florida, you should have plenty of places available.

Railing don't "warp"... has it been damaged? It might just be that it needs the T-fitting to keep it "down". I'd work on freeing up those set screws - it might be as easy as that.

Reactions: PointedRose

Cudjoe Key Bob

Reaction score
Model
Carribean
Sorry. I noticed that the brackets had slipped when I lined them up on the proper positions I could see that the existing rail while a bit bent would. I have drilled out the old set screws and believe I have enough thread left for it to work if I buy new ones

Fishtales

Reaction score
Could try GW cust service. This is another area where the design or suppliers probably have not changed all that much. Good thing is the railing is stick built, so it won't cost a lot to ship or install.