Grady-Whites on the Ohio in Louisville, KY

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ohio River Louisville, Ky./Lake Cumberland, Ky
So far I have found three Grady-Whites including my '08 Tournament 225 on the Ohio River in Louisville. The other two are an older Seafarer 228 and a beautiful Canyon 336 w/ Twin Yamaha 350s. The Canyon must be new because I couldn't see any VHF antenna on it and aren't the 350s new this year? I haven't had the chance to talk to either one of the skippers but hope to do so soon. Who knows, maybe we can start a G-W owners' club on the Ohio! If you all know of any others anywhere close give me a shout!

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Hey Chris;
I, too, am always interested in Gradys around the Midwest, as there are very few.
I suspect the Canyon is probably just there for the short-term, maybe a stop on it's way to the Coast..Did it have KY no.'s on the hull? I say this 'cause a 336 with twin 350's is an unlikely combo for the Ohio River.

Hope your rig is giving you tons of fun...

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Bill,
It had no registration numbers on it at all so I just assumed it was documented. But now that you mention it, it had no home port on the stern which I thought was required for documented boats. I have seen it three times over the past three weeks so maybe it's just here for the summer. You're right, it's much too much boat for the river!

amr72

Reaction score
Louville

I visited Louisville, for the first time in June and can say that I loved the city. I was there working for a week and between the Louisville Bats stadium and the museums and of course 4th street, I can say you have a great little city. And it has Gradys too!

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Re: Louville

amr72 said:
I visited Louisville, for the first time in June and can say that I loved the city. I was there working for a week and between the Louisville Bats stadium and the museums and of course 4th street, I can say you have a great little city. And it has Gradys too!
Thanks for your kind words. As a native Louisvillian I agree with you. The cost of living here is really reasonable and we consider ourselves more "Southerners" than Midwesterners. Sorry the river was such a mess in June when you were here. It has really cleaned itself up and is much prettier now. It's a great resource and Louisville has worked really hard to accentuate and promote the riverfront.