Green stick on a Grady

seafarer94

Has anyone put a green stick on a Grady that would be willing to share how they mounted the stick to the boat? I am debating putting one on my 265 express. Thanks for your help.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Grady White Model
Offshore
I don't have a green stick, but until I put the boat in the water, I get brown twigs and leaves all the time. Apparently they have their own "mounting system" as they are sometimes a real bugger to remove.

A single center rigger is a popular configuration in some parts. It allows you to get 1 squid rig back and up... Used to be popular on cape cod

Has anyone put a green stick on a Grady that would be willing to share how they mounted the stick to the boat? I am debating putting one on my 265 express. Thanks for your help.
Just curious where you are fishing that you feel you need a green stick? Seems to me that it might be a little much for a boat that size, especially when you consider the need for the electric motor/reel. I agree that a center rigger might be an option for you. I mounted a 15 footer on my hardtop and can run one high and one lower down the center.

SkunkBoat

Website
www.youtube.com
Grady White Model
Express 265
Just curious where you are fishing that you feel you need a green stick? Seems to me that it might be a little much for a boat that size, especially when you consider the need for the electric motor/reel. I agree that a center rigger might be an option for you. I mounted a 15 footer on my hardtop and can run one high and one lower down the center.
yep, a lot more fun reeling them in on a TLD2 than winching them in on a bandit with 400# mono.

Fishtales

Tend to agree, usually on much larger seagoing boats. Not that it can't be on a GW.... Would be a head turner for sure.