gw 258 fish cleaning station

alantani

Reaction score
had a couple of people ask, so i thought i'd post this. the fish cleaning station that i have mounted on the back of my grady 258 is a 31 inch magma bait/filet table and it comes standard with a single level lock mount.

DSCN57451.JPG

DSCN57501.JPG

i tried using the single mount and found it to be a little bit too wobbly. i added a second level lock mount and that solved the problem.

DSCN57461.JPG

i spaced them so that they fit into the pair of rod holders on the transom of the 258.

DSCN57491.JPG

i also added six rod holders to the back. these are the tite lok mounts carried by the fisherman's warehouse. the extra weight of the rod holders and six rock cod sticks poses no problem for the pair of supports.

DSCN57471.JPG

i also gave it a slight backwards tilt so that all the scales and fish guts drain out the back.

DSCN57511.JPG

there were only a couple of issues. the table needed to be spaced to allow for clearance of the ice chest on the left, the engines on the back, and the storage hatch on the right. the tite lok rod holders also have a bunch of sharp edges. i ground them down with a dremmel, but now i have unanodized spots inside. overall, it works great. very stable, plenty of room, and very convenient. an excellent reason to go out and buy a grady white!!!!!!!!!

seasick

Reaction score
It is Nov 1st at 8:19 Eastern time. How is it that the preceeding post is dated for tomorrow?

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Better find some Dramamine ... Posted: Nov Sat 01, 2008 5:30 pm