GW Delivery Delays?

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 285
I've got a new GW F285 on order, supposed to deliver in mid-May. I'm curious if anyone else out there with recent deliveries experienced a delay in delivery? Thanks for the input.

Dhirsh

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 336
I dont sell Gradys ( I do own one) but the manufacturers that we sell are all experiencing excessive workforce absentee problems to the tune of about 25% of their work force per day due to Covid and Covid related problems at home ( Kids schools, relative sick, exposure quarantine etc) Their suppliers are experiencing the same thing causing delays in the stuff that they need to build their boats. The manufacturers have strict Covid protocols that mandate quarantine after exposure for up to 10 days.So most production is just running behind as a result. Lump unusually high demand for boats into the mix and you have a better understanding of why some are delivering late. Not much anyone can do about it but wait.

Reactions: Ryhlick

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Dhirsh has written the best and easiest to understand explanation of why delays are happening.

Props...

Reactions: Dhirsh

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Curious if these challenges also result in more quality defects, especially if there are continuity concerns with the labor

LJG

Reaction score
Model
CHOOSE
Hopefully not a quality issue. I ordered an F325 on 8/31/20. The dealer told me yesterday that he expects it on a truck to Maine in 7-10 days. Hope that helps Daniel.

GEII

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 257
I also have some concern over quality during this mix of high demand and Covid. I'm ok if they deliver a little later but kept up the quality standards. they have many different model manufacturing lines. I will love to know how they decide what gets built when there is a labor issue. Do they pull guys off the smaller boat lines to work on the bigger boats? Do they keep the teams separate?

Dhirsh

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 336
All manufacturers adjust their production lines and shift labor based on what is retail sold and needs to be built and delivered. They would much rather work with the consumers money to build boats rather than borrow money to build for stock. I don‘t think you have to worry about quality with a company like Grady. I’m confident that they have quality control processes in place throughout the build process. They aren’t going to sacrifice their reputation by shortcutting anything just because they are busy. From what I can see, they have increased market share considerably because they adapted and kept producing during the pandemic. The Data I follow shows them as #2 , only behind Boston Whaler in Growth for 2020 in the SW Florida area I’m in , with 47 sales and deliveries of outboard boats over 30 ft. Thats impressive.

Reactions: ItalianAngler

paydaze77

Reaction score
spoke to my dealer the other day.. looks like im still mid april delivery he said they are only a few days behind!!!

Fishtales

Reaction score
Re quality, I'm sure they have adjusted as this has been going on for a long time. Re timing, it likely is week to week. Hopefully the worst is behind them.

Macrophylla

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
We ordered our F325 end of November and dealer is pretty confident that it will be July delivery. Another guy at our marina ordered his Express 330 in early October and just took delivery, was told it was the last 2021 model year 330 hull and are moving over to 2022s.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
A neighbor ordered a 34 Pursuit last August and is not getting delivery until late May. Sound like it is an industry wide issue across boat and engine manufacturers.

Macrophylla

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
A neighbor ordered a 34 Pursuit last August and is not getting delivery until late May. Sound like it is an industry wide issue across boat and engine manufacturers.

Not just boats. Building a house and so far we’ve had issues with any engineered lumber product (glu-lams, plywood, OSB), insulation, lighting, appliances are completely insane, and windows. And in my day job (IT infrastructure) our lead times have doubled or worse.

The deep freeze in Texas certainly didn’t help anything.

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 285
Thanks for all the input. Still being told by my dealer that boat should deliver next month. Crossing my fingers.

Craig P

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
In March I was told my 275 would be at the dealer on June, 5th; a few weeks ago I was told mid-June. fingers crossed for a June delivery as that would not be so bad given the supply chain issues

seasick

Reaction score
The anticipation must be killing you:)
I hope the date gets met.

paydaze77

Reaction score
my 307 was originally mid april and came end of april so i was happy!

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 285
Update: Just took delivery Saturday, about a month late. The delay was due to Yamaha Helm Master product availability issues. Sounded like computer chip related. So, I have the boat, but have to take it back to the dealer once the Helm Master parts are delivered.

Attachments

• IMG_2890.jpg
    IMG_2890.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25