GW in Au

wrxhoon

Reaction score
In case you thought Grady's are expensive and getting more and more expensive, have a look at prices down under. I know the price is in AUD but at current exchange rates it works out US$ 184k . She is well fitted out but not even new and you still have to pay for a windlass!
I guess that's the price you pay if you want to live in the best country on earth.
That's the reason most people opt for aluminum boats here ..

• Wow
Reactions: leeccoll

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Wonder when all this asset inflation might end. That price is fierce-check please!

wrxhoon

Reaction score
Wow, more than my first 3 houses that I bought.
Don , you can't buy much in Sydney under a million AU $ and if you want to live in a nice suburb within 20 miles from the city you need $2 mil+, these are Australian $ about 77 cents each in your money.

Don Davis

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I completely understand we are seeing the same COVID inflation here on Vancouver Island. I have 5 acres with a house and barn that we built in 2002. The property was $120,000 and house $165,000 to build. In the last few months a house and property 3 houses away had a bidding war and sold at $1.3 million to a young couple from Vancouver. Crazy times but I don’t get where are the money is coming from, wages aren’t keeping up to home prices at least in this part of the world.

wrxhoon

Reaction score
Wages are only keeping up with inflation or just above. The answer is very cheap money and plenty of it , you can have a housing loan here bellow 2%, when I bought my first property I was paying 9% and at one stage up to 18%. I don't know what will happen when interest rates go up to a more sensible rate.
Vancouver island is nice part of the world, only if it wasn't as cold.
I've done some salmon fishing there and visited Butchart Gardens, near Victoria, beautiful gardens .

Captain Crunch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
If it gets you and your family outside for fun /stress relief. And it keeps you and your family in your family bubble ,its a hot commodity.
Boats, RV's and swimming pools. I design and build swimming pools, Covid has driven materials way up.Labor is very hard to find. New construction is booked out to August.I have not seen such demand in my 30+ years. Manufactoring capablity is strained, So used boats ,used RVs or homes with pools,ready to use now=$$Hot commodity