GW vinyl trim install question

GradyDave

Reaction score
The inch and 3/8 wide trim is becoming unglued from the cockpit area in my 2007 282 Sailfish. I have purchased replacement material from the factory. Has anyone ever done this? Any tips you can share? Any videos available on how to?

Bayhouse

Reaction score
I just did this project, there's a thread on this site. The replacement trim should have it's own adhesive backing, right?

I peeled away the rest of the trim, used a razor blade/acetone to remove old glue and residue. Clean with isopropyl alcohol before application. Apply slowly with a lot of pressure as you go.

I made a small roller from 2-3" PVC and rolled it back and forth while installing.

Fishtales

Reaction score
yea, i recall a thread on this too. another guy is looking for the thread as well. maybe someone can post?

ScottyCee

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I did it too. @Bayhouse has it right. Remove all traces of the old and clean with acetone or alcohol right before application of new. I found that "pushing" it a little bit into the inside corners and having moderate tension on the outsides worked well. I used a utility knife with a brand new blade and a speed square to cut. I found that I had to do a little "coping" to get a perfect fit in some places where two pieces join.

Attachments

• IMG_20200417_181933.jpg
    IMG_20200417_181933.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7