Hatch replacement on 997 248 Voyager

Gcaffrey11

Reaction score
Model
Voyager
Looking for suggestions on where to find a replacement hatch. It is black tinted acrylic glass with aluminum frame. Mine has a crack from someone sitting on it. I have sealed it but it looks bad and tends to leak water down onto the surface of the storage cover just aft of the anchor line access area.
My windows are also showing stress cracks of the tinting film. So a source of replacement windows would also be helpful. Thank you.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Measure the hatch (ideally the cutout as that's the most important piece of info) and grab a new one that matches that size (again, the cutout size is the key). That's about it. You can find these all over the internet and any halfway decent marine store can get them. Obviously Grady is an easy source, but will likely be more expensive. Don't know what you have, but 20"x20" is a common size cutout, fyi.

Now... I have read that some replaced just the black plexi as it's essentially just glued in place with sealant. Cutting the sealant and using some medium heat seems to be the way to go. I can't give you any specific info as I've never done it, but it sounds pretty straight forward. Black plexi is easily sourced, as well (whether locally or online).

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'd look into the Bowmar line of hatches or a direct replacement for what you have. If like my boat, the area is flat and assuming you find the right opening size, it should be a simple job.