Help Finding Cabin Door Hatch Hinge

vinpaa

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Over the weekend one of my hinges on the top piece of my cabin door bi-fold window broke. I honestly don't know the correct term for it. I was wondering if anyone knew where to get a replacement. Ive found very similar hinges on Boatoutfitters.com, but they do not appear to be a low of enough profile to allow the glass to fold properly. The hinges i have found all require a nut, but the existing hinge appears to have a threaded hole or a unique threaded washer. I have yet to remove it because it still slightly functions and Id prefer to remove it when I already have the replacement. All help is appreciated. IMG_0704.jpgIMG_0703.jpgInkedIMG_6158_.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6158.jpg
    IMG_6158.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2

Vlabruzzo

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 225
Replace both hinges with similar and it will fold fine

Squid Row

Reaction score
Model
Voyager
Did you find the replacement hinges? I am looking for the same thing for my 258 Voyager cabin doorway

seasick

Reaction score
Take off a hinge and see if there is a Southco equivalent

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Fin Addict Marine makes the actual hatch so I would assume they have the hinges. What hear is the boat? My 04 has the same hatch but it has one ginge that runs the entire width

Fowl Hooked

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I can't recall the correct technical term for that thing but I'm betting that if you remove one of the screws you'll find something similar to a press fit nut, it's essential a threaded cylinder attached to the flat washer face that you see exposed. If that's actually the case and it's not an integral part of the hinge then I'd be hopeful that any similar sized hinge would work, just ensure the screw openings on the hinge are big enough for the cylinder part of the nut and you're back in business. I've used them on other projects and they can be had at any decent hardware store or ordered from someplace like McMaster Carr.

gwarfield

Reaction score
Model
Journey
Over the weekend one of my hinges on the top piece of my cabin door bi-fold window broke. I honestly don't know the correct term for it. I was wondering if anyone knew where to get a replacement. Ive found very similar hinges on Boatoutfitters.com, but they do not appear to be a low of enough profile to allow the glass to fold properly. The hinges i have found all require a nut, but the existing hinge appears to have a threaded hole or a unique threaded washer. I have yet to remove it because it still slightly functions and Id prefer to remove it when I already have the replacement. All help is appreciated. View attachment 14707View attachment 14705View attachment 14708
Vinpaa and Squid Row, did either of you find someone that carries this hinge? I also have a 2005 Journey 258 that needs both hinges replaced. Thanks.