Help in resealing Marlin 300 side window/hatch

Mydream

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

So both of my Marlin 300 side window are leaking. I noticed there are screws beneath a rubber flap. I am assuming that is what is placing pressure against the side of the hull in order to produce a water tight seal when the seal is not damaged.

Anyone can give me a clue or pointers what I should be looking for or doing? Anyone have any clue where do I purchase the rubber seals, trims around the windows?

Thanks in advance.

Mr.crab

Reaction score
Just did my Marlin windows, also the windshield. Zoro.com had everything I needed, look to see where
water coming from.

Ozz043

Reaction score
I’m not keen on trying to undo the screws thinking they will snap...as a quick fix I got “liquid tape” an electrical rubber sealant and painted the seal .... eventually I will either glass them over or epoxy on black plastic ones as I never open them

Reactions: Chadwick

ocdansar

Reaction score
We never open ours so I got some black silicone opened the windows put a small bead around the seal and closed the windows. They don't leak now and you really can't tell there silconed shut

Firebox

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Long time lurker, new member, first post!

For the rubber seal the movable part of the window seals onto, i added very thin closed cell neoprene foam tape over the existing rubber. I added across the bottom and about a third of the way up each side. It solved the leaking problem for the galley window and the head window.

Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G382DX4/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_tai_4R8.CbHXXNAZK

Mileage may vary.

Matt

ocdansar

Reaction score
I used black silicone and just sealed them shut. Nobody ever opened them

Aquanut2

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Thought I share this on an older thread turned out the new to me Marlin galley side window was leaking underneath the aluminum frame. Easily found it by having someone running a hose while inside observing the waterfall. No wonder the fridge and microwave were rusty trash as salt water ran down the window shelf and corroded everything on this side of the boat including the waste water vacuum pump. IDK how any boat owner could let an obvious problem go that long see before after pics

Attachments

• IMG_9092.jpeg
    IMG_9092.jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_9093.jpeg
    IMG_9093.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_9169.jpeg
    IMG_9169.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_9181.jpeg
    IMG_9181.jpeg