help with GPS

ORCA

Reaction score
I Need the forums help with troubleshooting a problem with a Lowrance GPS 5200 Global and an Evenrude digital guage that depend on a GPS signal.

INFO I HAVE GATHERED SO FAR:

1. I have followed the Lowrance proceedure to unlock the 5200, with no change in the situation.

2. When I turn off power to the GPS antenna I receive a message on the Lowrance screen, that it is not receiving a signal from the antenna. From that, I presume the antenna signal is traveling thru the network to the 5200.

3. In addition, I have a 2008 115HP evenrude with digital guages. The digital ground speed readout depends on a GPS signal and is connected via the central network system. The ground speed indicator stopped giving me readout, at the same time the 5200 failed, but all other Evenrude guages on the network are still working.

With this limited informatin, can anyone tell me what might cause this problem and what I might do to correct it myself?

Thanks in advance for your help.

IN GOD WE TRUST

ORCA

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ohio River Louisville, Ky./Lake Cumberland, Ky
I have a Lowrance LCX 38cHD but it may be the same. Go to your menu and look for GPS set up. Hit enter and go to the area that lets you configure the NMEA input and output. Make sure the NMEA output box is checked or it won't send any signal from the GPS. Mine uses a Baud rate 0f 4800. Don't know if this will solve your problem or not, but it's worth a try. Have you called Lowrance cust svc? Their # is 800-324-1356.

ORCA

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, My Capt.,

I had called Lowrance about the unit being "locked up", several months ago, before I had the unit and network installed in my GW. Their solution for resolving a "locked up" unit, does not solved the current problem.

I will try your set-up solution it and let the forum know if it solves the problem.

Thanks,

ORCA