help with lettering

SCW

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
I put a deposit down on a 2011 freedom 275. I would like to put her name on the side but I do not have access to the boat because it is wrapped and put away for the winter at the boat yard. I figured I could at least get the lettering and have it put on in the spring. What would be a good lettering size 4 inch ? 6 inch ?
Thank in advance

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
This is very much a personal preference. For comparison, registration numbers are typically 3". Since you're going on the side, though, you have a lot more space and can certainly go much larger with your letters. Given it will only take a few days to get the lettering/name kit, you might be best off to just wait so you can see what works best for you. Print the name out from your computer at different sizes and see what looks best.

the.devo

Reaction score
I have a 2000 272 Sailfish, I'm at work and don't have a pic of the boat but if you look for "What'Everett Takes" in these boats you can see my lettering. I'll bet they are 8 or 10" letters. I can measure when I get home

http://reel-heroes.com/fleet/

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I put a deposit down on a 2011 freedom 275. I would like to put her name on the side but I do not have access to the boat because it is wrapped and put away for the winter at the boat yard. I figured I could at least get the lettering and have it put on in the spring. What would be a good lettering size 4 inch ? 6 inch ?
Thank in advance

Is there a Grady dealer near you? Go with a tape measure in your pocket. If they don't have a 275, something close will give you Ideas.

There's gotta be a boat show coming through sometime this winter / spring. Same deal. Show up with a measure and even some pre-printed letters. There may even be a graphics vendor who could give you some help.

Either way, you get your off-season boat fix and that new boat smell! MMMMmmmm, new boat smell!!!!!!!!
:cool::cool::cool:

SCW

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
Thanks all!