How many coats interprotect barrier on unpainted 1995 hull?

cobrapowersys

Reaction score
How many coats interprotect barrier do i need to apply on unpainted 1995 26 Grady Islander hull? if any?

How many coats micron or aquaguard do i need to apply on unpainted 1995 26 Grady Islander hull?

seasick

Reaction score
The Interlux barrier coat requires four coats and the time between coats is critical. It also depends on the ambient temperature.
Micron antifouling paint needs two or three coats. I do two on the most areas and three on areas that get a lot of water flow and wear.

Refer to yachtpaints.com for the Interlux guides.

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
The timing between the last barrier coat and the first anti-fouling coat is also critical. Otherwise the antifouling may not bond, and simply fall, or flake, off later.

richie rich

Reaction score
yeah, the bottom paint needs to be on within 12 hours or the same day(check the box instructions)...I did this process 2 years ago...time between coats of IP2000 is more forgiving...by days......as a guide, I also used 2 colors of IP2000 so I knew where I left off each coat....one gray, one white, one gray, one white and then I combined the left over for one last coat of light gray......then bottom paint before days end....comes out great looking! PS..I sand blasted and hand sanded/patched the hull before doing the job.