New Pompanette flip-up bolster seat. Pic added.

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I see the new Grady's with flip-up bolster seats and they look nice. So I looked through Pompanette's website but couldn't tell what might fit my 2005 pedestal or maybe even existing, functioning slider.

Below is the email response from Pompanette. Only one chair, the Evolution, will fit my 2 7/8" pedestal. Attached is the spec sheet. Nice enough chair, but won't match Grady color. Michael's reference to "top only" means slider and chair, everything above the pedestal. The Evolution is 24" wide whereas my current seats are 22.5" wide. I need to make sure the seats would still swivel around to face the stern.

Rob

Good Morning Rob,

The only chair we can offer you that will fit your pedestal is our Evolution Helm Chair. Attached are the spec and you'll see the arm width on there. If you think this can work for you, after discount I can get this chair for you for $1736.00 in standard white upholstery, top only.

Let me know if you think this will work for you.

Regards,

Michael Murray
Sales/Customer Service

"Building a Better Product"

Pompanette LLC.
1515 SE 16th St.
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. 33316
561-662-9465 cell
954-525-6367 showroom
mike_murray@pompanette.com
www.pompanettellc.com
Follow us on Instagram

Attachments

• Pompanette Evolution w Bolster fits my 258.pdf
    577.4 KB · Views: 78

naesb81

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Just curious how you made out with this

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I put that seat on shortly after that posting. The seat is great - both standing and sitting. I really wanted the flip up bolster for some of my boat trips and 100-mile days at the helm. I've only been able to do two trips with the new seat so far. But it sure beats trying to position an anchor ball behind my lower back.

The new seat also raises and lowers a bit, even on my old pedestal. It doesn't come up a lot and it is much easier with two people, but I did get to come up a couple of notches.

Since the arms flip up on both the new seat and my old seat, the extra 0.75" width into the walkway isn't noticed.

The only downside is the color. It is a nice, clean white. I don't really notice the contrast so much anymore.

I can probably dig up a photo if you want?

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
A pic of the new Pompanette seat on my 282:

TEEX60n.jpg

The raising/lowering of the seat relies on the same mechanism of the old seat. At least that is all I have done. I have not messed with top-most, spring-loaded screw on the new seat. I don't know what it does:

BY7yrZL.jpg

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
The actual extra width into the space between the seats is 0.75”. Neither my wife nor I even notice it.

The seat is actually 1.5” wider, but that is split equally on either side of the pedestal.

Offshore24NJ

Reaction score
I see the new Grady's with flip-up bolster seats and they look nice. So I looked through Pompanette's website but couldn't tell what might fit my 2005 pedestal or maybe even existing, functioning slider.

Below is the email response from Pompanette. Only one chair, the Evolution, will fit my 2 7/8" pedestal. Attached is the spec sheet. Nice enough chair, but won't match Grady color. Michael's reference to "top only" means slider and chair, everything above the pedestal. The Evolution is 24" wide whereas my current seats are 22.5" wide. I need to make sure the seats would still swivel around to face the stern.

Rob

Good Morning Rob,

The only chair we can offer you that will fit your pedestal is our Evolution Helm Chair. Attached are the spec and you'll see the arm width on there. If you think this can work for you, after discount I can get this chair for you for $1736.00 in standard white upholstery, top only.

Let me know if you think this will work for you.

Regards,

Michael Murray

Sales/Customer Service

"Building a Better Product"

Pompanette LLC.
1515 SE 16th St.
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. 33316
561-662-9465 cell
954-525-6367 showroom
mike_murray@pompanette.com
www.pompanettellc.com
Follow us on Instagram
Which chair was you’re old one

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
The photo below is the original chair. I'm not sure of the naming. It had the dual flip up arm rests. At least on my 2007 Sailfish, that 1.5" extra width is not noticeable. Obviously, that's only 3/4" on either side of the pedestal. The chair does rotate fully around to face the stern. That was important to me and I did measure that out as best I could before buying that expensive seat.

The color difference is quite noticeable. But, at least for me, the cost difference between buying directly from Pompanette vs. Grady dealer was even more noticeable. If you have a Pompanette showroom within driving distance, you can shave the shipping costs off the chair and pick it up at the showroom.

For what it is worth, I was able to sell my old chair to a member on this forum. I hope he is happy with it.

B27E3er.jpg

amf282

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Nice seat! wish we had a flip up bolster for those gulf stream runs, but we have redone almost everything associated with the seat except replace the seat. We replaced the pedestal, slide and arms. we were very pleased with the results as the seats are solid with no squeaks or movement now.

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I used to position an anchor ball on the seat for my long run days. Then it did double duty as fender. It hit the spot pretty well for my lower back. Bolster seat does better, but anchor ball did the trick at the time.

Reactions: Zebulon