Installing a Paddle Board holder on the side of a 335 Freedom

agoltz

Reaction score
Hi Folks - Im wondering if anyone has every thought about how to take a paddle board along in a way that doesn't take up too much space on the boat. The best I can think of is to have a paddle board mount somehow on the side of the boat (attached to the roof metal support struts???? Anyone ever try this (or for a wakeboard?) Any suggestions on where to look online?

Based in Miami

Thanks

Alex

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
A J-hook setup could probably do it. But you'd have to keep the board low to avoid sight blocking problems... and I might be worried about a strong spray knocking into the board. Plus, the J-hooks would be pretty close together so there may be a tendency for the board to rock/tip forward or back. Why not put it on top of the hardtop?

Fishtales

Reaction score
Certainly could do it. Why not just lay down on some foam pieces and tie down with bungee cords? You could add some tie points if needed versus a large J-hook.

Reactions: fitzman

-Dan

Reaction score
I purchased these a few years ago for my 268 Islander. SUPRAX™ Stand-Up Paddleboard Boat Rack with Extra Sling They work well but it is a chore to load/ unload 12' paddle boards. I do not leave them on the rails permanently, which increases the chance of dropping the mounting hardware in the water. They do keep the boards from taking up any deck space as they hang on the outside of the rail and "lean" on the rub rail.

-Dan