Lee Junior side mount outriggers & T-Top rodholder for G

Scarlet Knight

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Condidering adding Lee Junior wishbone side mounted outriggers to 2006 282 Sailfish along with T-Top rod holders. Two main questions:

1. Standard GW rod T-Top rod holders are too high for easy use. I have heard a few people advise adding the rod holders designed for the Marlin as they will sit lower and easier to access. Anyone do this on their 282 and if so do you agree?. Does theh lower profile get in the way for headroom or when full enclosure is rolled up?

2. I noticed in most photos of side mounted outriggers the outgigging cord is attached to the gunwale about 4 ft behind the wishbone and seems to be right in the way when baording the boat from the side and when fishing. Is there an alternative way to rig the cords? T-Top mounted outriggers would avoid this issue for me, but I would prefer side mounted. Any advise?

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
1. I know of at least one 282 owner who used the 300 hardtop rod holders. They worked great fgrom what I saw in the pix.

2. I much prefer the side mount Lee's to the new hardtop radials. Mine are "Hatteras" rigged where a nylon line off the pully goes thru the gunnel (with a grommet) and into a jam cleat under the gunnel. The slight inconvience of having the halyard on the gunnel is way offset by the ability to easily adjust the tension.