License Numbers

mjpalmiscno

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 225
Anyone know where to order Grady license numbers that match the decals on your boat?

Rustygaff

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 255
Google "boat lettering" There are numerous online vendors that have almost unlimited colors, styles, fonts, and sizes. BoatUS is one of them.

Fishtales

Reaction score
You’ll have to specify what you want for lettering. Even then it may be tough to match the color exactly. Maybe GW cust service can give you the vinyl manufacturer and color so you can match it easier?

BobH1

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Boat operators have licenses. Boats themselves have registration numbers. State registration numbers have certain parameters that USCG and other law enforcement have set in order to uniform through all states. Those parameters include spacing, fonts, and location.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I matched my registration numbers with the new stripes I installed,,,, turned out great. Once my new Yamaha gets here,, I'll be changing the hood graphics to the chrome one's that are standard on the electronic steering models,, the chrome on the gray motor will match my new hull logos. You can see the chrome letters better on the 300 pic.

20210425_130802.jpg20210425_130738.jpgF250V6_Gray_3-4_port.jpg

20210326_144230.jpg

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
If you have the traditional navy/yellow GW lettering, you can order a pretty close facsimile using "navy" and "gold outline" from Boat US graphics shop. www.boatus.com/graphics

If you have the silver, follow KY Grady's suggestion above.

Reaction score
I've had great experiences with DIYlettering.com on all the boats and old cars where I needed reg. numbers or to duplicate or come close to some old decal or badge. They have a wide selection of fonts, styles, effects and colors. Here's are examples from our lake boat, not our Grady, but you get the idea:)

Link: Lettering.com

CR JP F O 1.jpg

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I just went down to the local marine shop/store, bought the premade letters that they have for sale there and installed them on my boat last fall when I bought it. Not perfect, but I’m not going to lose sleep over it at night either.

3CECAA1C-2470-4DC5-8D43-6204C90AF6C3.jpeg

Reactions: Meanwhile and BobH1

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I've seen guys get some painters tape or something else with lower adhesion qualities to it, attach the letters/numbers to it, level and space it out, then they peel off the backs of the letters/numbers and just do it all at once with pretty good results.

Reactions: BobH1

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Soapy water. You can move them around, line them up, and then when you get them where you want them, lightly squeegee them. Let them dry for 30 minutes and then peel the transfer tape off.

I’m anal like that. Have done all my letters, registration stickers, etc… like that for years.