Livewell Seacock Valve

poreilly17

Reaction score
Guys:

New to the forum and new to GW. Just purchased a used 209. Was out this weekend and tried to get the livewell going. I can hear the pump running but no water. I'm thinking the valve must be closed but can't seem to find it. Any one know where this valve could be located?

Thanks for your help.

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your Grady purchase!

Normally they will put the thru-hull at the back of the boat offset from the keel. You should be able to reach it through the seat hatch or access plates in the motorwell.

I have occasion where mine won't prime. Not sure what one would do with a built in well where the water line isn't accessible.

poreilly17

Reaction score
FYI, just found out from a GW guy the valve is under the manhole cover in front of the engine.

tibeachguy

Reaction score
That is it.
I have a 209 as well that I purchased used last year. I have just recently found the valve myself. FYI--- I have also just recently found this out. You can download a copy of the owners manual for this boat (any year) and from what I can tell most others, on Grady's website www.gradywhite.com . It includes the plumbing diagram, electrical diagram, etc.. Very helpful for those of us who cannot afford to buy new!