Bought a 1987 226 Seafarer!

SirGrady226

Reaction score
Laddrbacks look great. Is your Chevy 4x4 that you tow it with? Having 4x4 at the ramp is like a must.
My truck is 2wd, but I did install a locking posi rearend in it. It has no problem pulling it out of the water even on a wet ramp, the Nitto's have good grip I guess.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Nice score on the ladderbacks. I've fished my buddy's '86 Seafarer with the rotomolded seats, prefer my ladderbacks on mine, more comfortable for all day fishing.

Reactions: SirGrady226

SirGrady226

Reaction score
Nice score on the ladderbacks. I've fished my buddy's '86 Seafarer with the rotomolded seats, prefer my ladderbacks on mine, more comfortable for all day fishing.
They were off a 27 GW that the owner wanted to switch to a leaning post in their place. I purchased them for 325.00 including pedestals with foot rests, and protective seat covers. Pedestals will be put up for sale since they are to tall and will not fit. Feeling lucky considering the prices I was seeing for new ones. :D

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
They were off a 27 GW that the owner wanted to switch to a leaning post in their place. I purchased them for 325.00 including pedestals with foot rests, and protective seat covers. Pedestals will be put up for sale since they are to tall and will not fit. Feeling lucky considering the prices I was seeing for new ones. :D

That's a smokin' deal!!!! You did well!!

Reactions: SirGrady226

SirGrady226

Reaction score
Finally got all the parts needed to install my new Taco retractable outriggers, should help make it easier to catch the big ones. I really like how they collapse to a size that perfectly stores in the cabin rod holders, and I was not a fan of the fixed length aluminum ones that came with the boat since they were always in the way when not using. I've been doing a polish and seal job on the deck non skid, should help it avoid staining and get rid of some chalking that was present. Weather has not allowed any fishing here recently, can't wait to get some calm seas again. Sure is nice to see gas prices so low, it's never fun filling this thing up with fuel. outriggers.jpg

Reactions: Ky Grady

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Nice work SirGrady!

I saw you replaced gas tank, I'm in the beginning stages of yanking mine out. I think all your hoses to it are new-at least they look like it in the pictures.
My question is can I handle replacing the fill and vent lines by myself?
I have a 1987 228, so the placement of the hoses should be identical. I took a quick look and saw I have to cut some zip lines under the gunwale, and they were siliconed in a few places as well.
Any tips on the process would be greatly appreciated :cool:
It's awesome having help with someone who was able to do it!
Also, what material did you put between the top wood supports over the tank? looks like 5200 and plastic or neoprene.

Best, Lee

SirGrady226

Reaction score
Nice work SirGrady!

I saw you replaced gas tank, I'm in the beginning stages of yanking mine out. I think all your hoses to it are new-at least they look like it in the pictures.
My question is can I handle replacing the fill and vent lines by myself?
I have a 1987 228, so the placement of the hoses should be identical. I took a quick look and saw I have to cut some zip lines under the gunwale, and they were siliconed in a few places as well.
Any tips on the process would be greatly appreciated :cool:
It's awesome having help with someone who was able to do it!
Also, what material did you put between the top wood supports over the tank? looks like 5200 and plastic or neoprene.

Best, Lee
Yes, I replaced the fuel fill and vent lines. I attached the new one to the end of the old with duct tape and pulled it through. The old hoses are very stiff and make it difficult, but there is an access hole that helps by allowing you to feed it through by putting your hand down there and pushing.

Reactions: leeccoll

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Appreciate that, I know what you are talking about with the access hole :cool: