looking for boat name maker in NY

jbukie

Reaction score
i recently purchased a used 203 222 fisherman. I can't wait for the season to start up but in the mean time i've been thinking about stuff i want to do to the boat. High on the list is getting a name on the back. I'm settled on the name but i have two questions.

1) Is it better to have the name painted on or to get a vinyl decal or lettering?

2) Does anybody have recommendations on having someone make the decal or paint it on for me on Long Island? I'd like to get a striper graphic in there as well.

Thanks fellas.

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
There are nuimerous boat name printers just google :boat names

My personal preference is vinyl as it can be removed without permanent damage and it can also easily be replaced if damaged.I actually use a comercial printer who is local and allows me use of his computer to choose my own font etc.It is always cheaper using him than the ones on the internet but I do like using their sites to play with ideas. Haven't used graphics yet never found anything i thought would improve the look of the boat.

Fishermanbb

Reaction score
It depends on where you are on the island. I've used North Fork signs on my last four boats and they do an excellent job........also, Peconic signs is very good (I think north Fork is better)......NFS is located in Southold, and Peconic Signs is in Greenport (I think).......If you are out east you can see a lot of their work at Port of Egypt.........I've had my last four boats lettered in GW blue (To match the stripe) with a gold shadow (To match the GW lettering).....Looks awesome......good luck...

jbukie

Reaction score
My boat is at port of egypt. Do you have anymore info on north fork signs or peconic signs? websites? phone numbers? etc?

Fishermanbb

Reaction score
I don't have the numbers off the top of my head....You can get both by calling information. I know POE has the number for Peconic signs........Just ask Liz or Rit and they can give it to you....so can Marta, Kerry, or Elisa......For NFS you can just call info.....