Marlin Cockpit Scuppers

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi,
One of the plastic rods that go across the scupper to stop big things from going down the drain broke. I have the replacement scupper.
It is on the port side. Do folks know if this is accessible from the bilge. I thought I could get it through the trash can cover, but the battery location blocks access. I've sealed up the removable deck, so I can't get to it that way. Curious if anyone changed the starboard side. That looks nearly impossible to access. Do you have to cut the deck and put an access hatch in?

Thanks

Fishtales

Reaction score
A while back some folks were looking for the GW part number for the new style (plastic body with screw in chrome strainers). It is GW PN #11-547.

Ozz043

Reaction score
Would love to know myself ......for sometime in the future I will need to know I am sure.....I don’t see how they can be accessed, the stdb is even worse as the through-hull has zero access.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Ozz043 said:
Would love to know myself ......for sometime in the future I will need to know I am sure.....I don’t see how they can be accessed, the stdb is even worse as the through-hull has zero access.

Your right on the starboard side. I'm thinking you either need to cut out the bulk head to access and then re-install as I'm sure it is structural or add a decent size hatch on the deck which would be suboptimal. With the bulkhead cut, you have to worry about getting over there to do them. I've heard the hoses do breakdown over time, so at some point we'll have to deal with it.

Angler Management

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I'm in the same situation, except I have a couple 4 oz round lead weights that rolled in the Starboard side scuppers. Need to fix this issue ASAP!!!

Will be watching this thread closely. Thanks for the replacement part number.

RC

Fishtales

Reaction score
yea, $63 a pop on ebay from a GW dealer. Talk about not even kissing you....

el jefe

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I need to replace my scupper drains as well. I have looked at both sides and don't how to access the drain tubes to replace the scupper. I called Grady and got nothing useful. Is the only way to replace the scuppers on my Marlin to cut the deck and install a new access port in front of the scuppers? I just dont see how to access the scuppers and drain tubes from the either the existing removable deck section, or on the port side through the batter compartment. Access is blocked both ways.

Fishtales

Reaction score
The drains are one piece (the less important) of the puzzle. The concern I have is regarding the rubber hoses that attach between the scupper and the thru hole. They will at some point become brittle and need to be replaced. I wonder what the folks with 1990s or early 2000s are doing?

el jefe

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I completely agree. The core problem is how to access the drains and hoses without cutting a hole in the deck or bulk head as stated in a previous post. I just don't see an alternative to going through the deck. It seems to be one of the few Grady design fails.

Ozz043

Reaction score
Ok so you cut the deck, replace the hose....then what...
Seal it up for another 20years probably

Fishtales

Reaction score
I guess but there should be access for any hose change.