marlin repower with 4-stroke

muqdam

Reaction score
hai, i repower my marlin 1992 model with suzuki 250*2 4-stroke , can any one have marlin whith 250*2 yamaha4-stroke tell me about which hole the grady white fixed the engine on stern ? i mean there is 5 hole in the engine base
thank you

seabob4

Reaction score
Yes, Suzukis have 5 mounting holes as opposed to everyone else having 4. Your best bet is to mount it in the 3rd hole down from the top, then measure your cavitation. Your anti-ventalation plate should be about 1/2" (12.5 mm) below the keel. Trim your engine down and put a straight edge along the keel. Run the straight edge next to the engine "foot" and measure the front part of the plate to the staight edge, then measure the aft part to the straight edge, and adjust the trim until the two dimensions are equal. 1/2" above or 1/2" below the keel, or in this set-up, the hull bottom, is just fine. That's what you should try to get. By the way, where are you from?

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I'd recheck that info, the 92 Marlin has a flat bottom euro drive, so the advise for grady drives would apply, I believe. The leading edge of teh engine is several feet mak from the running hull.

I'd take a measurement of the existing engine prop shaft off the ground, relative to hull off the ground, as it has to be on a trailer on blocked for the job. Then pick the hole on the Zukie to match prop same Yamaha shaft height.

Alternately, I bet the drawings can be used to do it. I know Yamaha has good drawings and will give a dimension from the holes to prop shaft, and more.

muqdam

Reaction score
Sabob4 & BobP thank you for reply on my topic
First I’m from Kuwait and i repower my marlin with Suzuki i tried first in 3rd hole and it was good but with little bow up because of the engine weight (+50 Kilo) then i mount it in second hole and from up and become a lot of water hit the engine and it doesn’t look good lastly I decide to return it in 3rd hole.
thank you