marlin stereo remote

ttles714

Reaction score
has anyone installed a new stereo remote on a Marlin where the stereo is mounted on the port side inside the cabin and the remote is at the helm. ? I looked around for a chase but it seams that Grady does not use any rigging tubes forward of the helm ( including up to the anchor pulpit).. So any help would be appreciated >

Angler Management

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Yes.

You can run cable out of the radio box downward into the compartment where the AC and Vacuum pump equipment is, then run the cabling along the trim piece on the head liner in the mid berth, into the starboard compartment where your water hoses are, then up from there to the helm. It takes some time to explore and think about how to do it (measure twice, cut once) but I did it with a new stereo system. On my Marlin, there are some grommeted screws that hold a trim piece to the overhead, I unscrewed these pieces and held the cable up and reattached the headliner trim piece to make it invisible. I recall I may have run the cord out of the radio box forward to where the AC control box gets its power, then followed the power cord for the AC and Microwave aft to the port compartment.

Alternately these days you can normally find a receiver that uses WiFi for control. I use my iPhone, and my Raymarine Axiom uses both Wifi and NMEA 2000 to control the stereo on my touch screen.

Lots of options.

One more thing: Raymarine's latest lines can pair with the Rockford Fosgate marine stereo systems via a NMEA CAN bus and extension cable into your NMEA backbone for complete control from the helm. This is how I know how to route the cabling, as my NMEA backbone is under my helm station.

Good luck! Let us know what you decide.