mutton dressed up as lamb? updated decals

suzukidave

Reaction score
looking at replacing the stripes and logo on the 223. it is a 1994. has anyone tried the newer logo and stripes on a boat from this era? leaning towards replacing with the original style but wondering if newer looks good or bad.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Dealers usually have all the different styles of striping that GW used over the years. They sell it by the foot. Another option is to find what you like and order online. Just by a small piece of it and match it up. i'm guessing the badges are not going to be cheap. The GW logo on the sides near the transom is quite expensive. I recall someone looking to replace the older one and that GW didn't stock anymore. My guess is you will have to get the new silver raised lettered version.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Let us know how you make out and take/post some pics when done.

dstarok

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I replaced my 1989 decals with new ones- what a difference! I got new side GW, stripes and the “sailfish” decal for the side of the cabin. I got someone who does wraps to remove the old ones and install the new, I’m not too good at work that requires a light touch lol. I think I bought them from a vender on eBay, I can try to find his info if your interested send me a pm. They are good quality and again -what a difference!
Ps... I used ones that were the same as the original.

dstarok

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I found where I got them. It was only about $120 for the whole kit. I think I paid a couple hundred to have them installed though.
David Croteau
508-873-3353
Good people.

Last edited:

suzukidave

Reaction score
thanks! that is a great deal for the entire kit.