My new to me 2004 265 Express

slipshod

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
New looking boat

Thank you ,yea she is a very clean boat and she has every single option GW offered. She also had the exhaust done by PO and only 8 hours on the new kit install.

Twin 300’s

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
When’s the first fishing trip in the new boat?

tilewave

Reaction score
congratulations and good luck ! heres a few tips
- always start off with the motors down until youre on plane
- only use the trim tabs to keep the boat level ( as when people move around the boat etc)
-when going offshore , use up aux tank gas first ( boat handles better with the weight of the main tanks location)
-the boat likes to go fast in a chop, find the sweet spot with the motor angle
-fill the box with fish

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Congrats. I went out in June on a buddy's 265. It's a spacious boat. We caught some dolphin. I really liked the fish box location and it's size. The only thing took some getting used to was how when on auto pilot , coming in on a following sea the boat would catch a wave and want to surf it some. The deep front Vee of the boat likes to bite the wave at times. When it did that the boat would heal over some . The auto pilot corrected it but it was at first disconcerting.

It's a beast for a 26 footer. My buddy put a fighting chair in the boat and it made a noticeable difference in fatigue or less of it when we were catching dolphin.my 19 year old son said dad, why don't we get a bigger boat after that trip. I said in a year or two that might be a reality. I then said, well Cole we could get a bigger boat if you just dropped out of college. You just need your priorities straight. Lol.

Toothpick 10

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Great find! Try to find a new express in that size range today. It's a shame, but no one makes them anymore. Take care of it!

This boat also has 250 gallons of fuel capacity. That provides outstanding range.

Last edited:

Twin 300’s

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I do agree with tilewave about the aux tank first and run the boat quicker in rough water at 35-40mph and it rides way better in a 3’-4’ chop.

slipshod

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
congratulations and good luck ! heres a few tips
- always start off with the motors down until youre on plane
- only use the trim tabs to keep the boat level ( as when people move around the boat etc)
-when going offshore , use up aux tank gas first ( boat handles better with the weight of the main tanks location)
-the boat likes to go fast in a chop, find the sweet spot with the motor angle
-fill the box with fish

Great advice thank you. I have read all the 265 bow steer comments. I have been boating since i was rolling around in a crib on a boat(so my mom and dad tell me) so I am sure I will figure it out pretty fast. And its my 4th boat 2nd grady

slipshod

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I do agree with tilewave about the aux tank first and run the boat quicker in rough water at 35-40mph and it rides way better in a 3’-4’ chop.

And if you all knew what I got it for you would poop your pants. PO had the exhaust done (8 hours since repair)and all that goes into that new oil pumps oil seals water pumps etc. For the tune of $5700+ She has raymarine quantum with twin axiom screens I know everyone saying boats hard to come by at the moment and I agree. But I jumped when this covid thing was kicking off so to say and scored a deal of a lifetime. I will just say more then 30K and less then 40K think in the middle.