My1st boat!! Any Ideas on getting a Hardtop for a GW226 1994

Zebco33

Reaction score
Finally pulled the trigger and bought my first boat. A 1994 226 w/ a 2001 Johnson 200hp. The only thing I wish I would have considered was a hardtop. Anyone have any ideas were I could get my hands on a decent hardtop that won't break the bank and look as if it came w/ the boat.

If I don't get one - that's ok, but the look w/ the 226 and a hardtop is very sharp.

It was close between a Boston, Grady or Mako - but after much consideration and reading many posts from this site - combined w/ a deal I couldn't turn down, I went w/ a GW. Hope to take in all the lessons learned from all members and contribute as well.

thanks, Dave - Charleston SC

yankeecause

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hardtop

:D Redman marine fabracators is building one for me look them up on line. They know Gradys! They are locatde in Maine and shipping one to me in Illinois and it will fit like a factory top. Get a hold of them soon as he is booking up fast! Joe.

Zebco33

Reaction score
I visisted their web site. They have a sharp looking top for the 226. About how much (ball park) do these things go for? I sent them an e-mail.

Down Time 226

Reaction score
Zebco 33 I don't really have any advice on a hard top. I think the 4500 to 4800 range with curtains is pretty accurate. I also have a 94 226 Seafarer. Mine has a hard top and a 200 yammie, all orginal. I have had the boat a little over a year. I gotta tell you you should enjoy that boat. Im 33 and was raised on the water, always had some boat or another. I have wanted to use my 226 more, and have gotten more enjoyment than any previous boat. My wife and three year old go w me every Sunday in the summer and I can fish year round without getting the crap pounded out of me by the Chesapeake Bay. Congrats on the purchase and good luck. May you get the joy from your boat I have gotten from mine.

PS When my 200 gives up I'm looking to go 250hp. The 200 is ok but my boat acts a little under powered in quatering seas and rough water.

SlimJim

Reaction score
Re: My1st boat!! Any Ideas on getting a Hardtop for a GW226

Zebco33 said:
Finally pulled the trigger and bought my first boat. A 1994 226 w/ a 2001 Johnson 200hp. The only thing I wish I would have considered was a hardtop. Anyone have any ideas were I could get my hands on a decent hardtop that won't break the bank and look as if it came w/ the boat.

If I don't get one - that's ok, but the look w/ the 226 and a hardtop is very sharp.

It was close between a Boston, Grady or Mako - but after much consideration and reading many posts from this site - combined w/ a deal I couldn't turn down, I went w/ a GW. Hope to take in all the lessons learned from all members and contribute as well.

thanks, Dave - Charleston SC
Congrats! You made the right choice!