NBOA Insurance

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ohio River Louisville, Ky./Lake Cumberland, Ky
Great Grady friends,
Before I send my check off to start the policy, what comments do any of you all have about NBOA insurance. I have done as much due diligence as I am capable of about them and they seem to check out. I have always has Boat US insurance, but NBOA is half as much and the coverage seems identical.
Please share your comments, concerns, and criticisms. I want to hear the positive and the negative experiences. Thanks for your help!

Fishtales

Reaction score
I saw a thread on THT, and asked for a quote. I was surprised that it came back 30% cheaper. Not sure about the service, but the price was very good.
My insurance isn't up till Sept, so I have time.

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
I saw a thread on THT, and asked for a quote.

I did the same, it came back 30% higher with less coverage ... :?

georgemjr

Reaction score
I locked in with NBOA this week. It was significantly cheaper than Boat US (over 30%), same coverage. For $65 extra I purchased their unlimited tow coverage as opposed to Boat US for $150. I got quotes from 4 places, Boat US was at the top, NBOA was by far the best price...

Grady678

Reaction score
capt chris said:
Great Grady friends,
Before I send my check off to start the policy, what comments do any of you all have about NBOA insurance. I have done as much due diligence as I am capable of about them and they seem to check out. I have always has Boat US insurance, but NBOA is half as much and the coverage seems identical.
Please share your comments, concerns, and criticisms. I want to hear the positive and the negative experiences. Thanks for your help!

I switched to NBOA recently and have not heard of anyone having reimbursement issues. Read the fine print and glad I switched.....just wish I knew about them earlier. They own the Sea Ray market from word of mouth.....word on the street as they say.