New Boat

ALL CAPS

Reaction score
Model
Voyager
About to purchase a clean 2002 Gulfstream. Survey came back great,everything is working the way it should, I cruise more than I fish,it has the Yammy 225 (exhaust complete). Anything I should pay attention to, this is my first Grady!?

seasick

Reaction score
Just curious; How do you know the exhaust was replaced? Did you get a motor survey and was the motor scoped?
I assume you got a written report on the survey. Were moisture readings taken and if so, were the readings included in the report?

Did you sea trial it? That is a heavy hull and although a 225 will 'work', it may be a bit underpowered depending on your needs.

Last edited:

ALL CAPS

Reaction score
Model
Voyager
I have the receipt for the Exhaust work completed,I'm not a speed guy,so if I can cruise at 25 mph. I'm happy, I just bought a used Bunk Trailer 7000lbs. Loadmaster. How far apart should the bunks be?

seasick

Reaction score
About 35 inches bunk to bunk, or 61 inches bunk to bunk. The narrowing spacing is probably the best for your trailer. The spacing isn't supper critical. What is more important is the positioning of the hull lengthwise on the trailer. The neutral spot give or take would be to start with the hull positioned so that the middle of the two axels is about 90 inches off of the transom assuming the current axel positions allows The final adjustment to the positioning position of the trailer over the axels is determined by the desired tongue weight.

Last edited:
Reactions: ALL CAPS