New Grady 265 Express

Bad Fish

Reaction score
Hi everyone I have been a member of great Grady since October when I decided that I wanted the 265 express and I finally just bought one. She's a 2000 with twin 200 Yamaha hpdi's. This site was really helpful during the buying process. I'm really excited about my new ride and cant wait to take her canyon fishing. I will be running out of Mystic Ct.
Jon.

eppem

Reaction score
Congrats on a sweet ride! Lots of proud 265 owner on the site who are here to help with any questions!

EPPE

Bad Fish

Reaction score
I would like to post some pics but I'm having trouble mastering this art so far, is there a post pics thread for newbies like me? For example the pics I want to post are in my pictures library but I cant seem to get them to post properly

Bad Fish

Reaction score
Here are a few pics from when i got her hom last week before all the snow..
The old boat and the new boat..

grady_zps7df992ac.jpg

front view..
grady1_zps9111ff88-1_zpsb1b1e624.jpg

side
grady2_zps82ec04fa.jpg

Bad Fish

Reaction score
Just shrink wrapped her last night to keep the snow and rain off for the remainder of the winter.
gradyshrunk2_zpsb23dd98e.jpg

gradyshrunk1_zps71c7653b.jpg

gradyshrunk_zps4dc73f1c.jpg

eppem

Reaction score
Looks like you bought Tims boat?

If so...

A) That boat will point ITSELF to the canyons!
B) Sleep well knowing that boat was well taken care of...

Good luck...great boat.

Bad Fish

Reaction score
Yes, I bought the boat from Tim. He is a great guy who obviously took awesome care of the boat and I could not be more happy with my purchase. Glad to be a 265 owner for sure. I cant think of a better offshore fishing platform in this class!

Bad Fish

Reaction score
This is what I was taking offshore the last few years. It will be nice to have the bigger boat!
whaler3_zpsccb2b261.jpg

whaler2_zps734e7046.jpg

whaler1_zps19025a44.jpg

Jeff_R

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Bad Fish,

Nice pick up on the Grady and nice Whaler too. I have seen it for sale..did you sell it? I have a 23 Walkaround Whaler Drive which is the same hull as your 24 Outrage, only with a cabin and bracketed Outboards. You can see images of it by clicking the link in my signature.

Bad Fish

Reaction score
Yes, I sold my whaler right after the first of the year to a guy from Boston. He didn't have a place to put it yet so I agreed to let him keep it at my house until spring, so its funny to still have the old boat here along with my new boat. I loved my 24 but wanted more range for canyon fishing without bringing extra fuel. the 265 just fits the bill much better for me!

Bad Fish

Reaction score
I have been toying with the idea of a center rigger. Any feedback from other 265 owners out there with a center rigger?

Bill_N

Reaction score
Bad Fish said:
I have been toying with the idea of a center rigger. Any feedback from other 265 owners out there with a center rigger?

I run an 8' Taco center rigger out of the center rod holder on the rocket launcher with the halyard tied off to the hardtop cross bar underneathe the top. File a slot in the bottom so it doesn't rotate and you're good to go.

You're looking at approx $175 for the set-up. You could make a cheapie from PVC pipe if you didn't want to drop that much on it.

Lucky13

Reaction score
Bad Fish said:

there is a guy who sells them on THT i think it might be bly. search outriggers and you will find him. I am going to get one for this season.

Also a new 265 owner good luck with your new boat looks great and I may see you in the canyons.

265_zps7fec236e.jpg

fishingFINattic

Reaction score
I am missing this boat already!

I truely hope she provides you with as many years of enjoyable boating as my family had with her.

Some how, during our new boat selection process, a camper ended up in my driveway..... :jaw

:hmm

:bang

In over 15 years of marriage my wife hasnt asked for much but this is what she said "You have had your boats for twenty years, I want to take the kids camping"

So I guess this is my boat for a year a two.....

camper_zps7023ff5d.jpg

Enjoy the water my friend!

Tim

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Tim,
I have been lucky enough to have both a camper and a boat. We find ways to to do both. We do a little mountain lake camping where the Grady will fit. We are heading to the Keys in June camping at Pennekamp and taking the boat and a couple of kayaks. Since one of my kids is disabled and mostly blind taking him to the Grand Canyon seems a bit pointless, but he loves the water and so does his brother and sister, it is a win win for us. That is a nice camper though, maybe yall could head on down our way to the Smoky Mountains as there is excellent camping here. Then again, the Whites are are awesome, so are places like Acadia National Park in your region as well as the Bay of Fundy.

tilewave

Reaction score
congratulations on your new boat, your going to love it ! i know this wont take the place of a center rigger. (if the previous owner hasnt already done so,) i installed 2 straight shaft rod holders into the fold down transom. dont know how i ever got along with out them. i used lees. i centered each one between a drink holder & the knife holder.