New grady model?

MA208

Reaction score
Wow. If it is a 45 I really hope they make a cabin version too.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Those Albemarles look nice.
NoNo, your missing it..THIS is your next Ride. Quad 425's, bigger hull; 35+cruise- you can spit on 3 footers in that thing.

You go halfway to Spain to catch fish; this is your Baby. AND, you could fit a cooler on deck in that cockpit and still get around!

Hmmm...there is the fuel burn- Your Zukes would win that one....

• Haha
Reactions: SkunkBoat

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
NoNo, your missing it..THIS is your next Ride. Quad 425's, bigger hull; 35+cruise- you can spit on 3 footers in that thing.

You go halfway to Spain to catch fish; this is your Baby. AND, you could fit a cooler on deck in that cockpit and still get around!

Hmmm...there is the fuel burn- Your Zukes would win that one....
need a 12' surf rod to fish off the stern. HAHAHA...$10K outriggers and 4 rod holders....

Reactions: magicalbill

Fishtales

Reaction score
The statement on the Albemarles is spot on. Once you get past a 33 foot boat, why not step up to more of a yacht.

Last edited:

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Sandbar Queen!!

I'm with SkunkBoat on this one too. The Albemarle sitting starboard side would be my choice once we get to this level of money.

nuclear

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Something about the side profile of that cabin looks off to me.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
that's the king of the sand bar queens ! Straight up I would take that boat in a heart beat if I had coin to buy one. Maybe in 20 years I can pick a used one up for a few hundred Gs . . my guy says there has to be cabin space under that deck.

blindmullet

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
Yes! A new rig that I will see captained by a snowbird. He will try to pull up to the bar to dock and fail immediately. Locals will laugh at him and away he goes. This will replace that big eye sore of a Boston Whaler. Lol

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
The Canyon 456 is also a big bow rider, more so than a serious off shore fishing boat, as the preference for the Albies show. It has a huge sun pad in front of the console, as well as big bench seats in the bow, and 2 tables. Why not expand the width and length of the cabin area, and make it a walk through, instead of a walk around, or CC? Grady seems to be building for the family fisherman, rather than the hard core angler, so this makes a lot of sense to me.
Hopefully, a different camera angle will help the profile.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
The Canyon 456 is also a big bow rider, more so than a serious off shore fishing boat, as the preference for the Albies show. It has a huge sun pad in front of the console, as well as big bench seats in the bow, and 2 tables. Why not expand the width and length of the cabin area, and make it a walk through, instead of a walk around, or CC? Grady seems to be building for the family fisherman, rather than the hard core angler, so this makes a lot of sense to me.
Hopefully, a different camera angle will help the profile.
The main problem I have, as a fisherman, with the dual consoles and the canyons is the seating and tables on the bow. They make it unfishable. If that Canyon 456 cut out the seats and tables to make a flat deck and replaced the 20 cuphoders with rodholders...it would truly be an awesome canyon running machine. Of course, way out of my price range for many lifetimes...

Its interesting that Grady site shows wine glasses in the cabin and a couple grilling kabobs while none of the fishing rods are out... i don't think they are ever running 100 miles to the canyons.
They can use the 1700 HP to run to Tice's shoal and anchor up in 4 feet of water with 1000 bowriders and pontoon boats....turn up the stereo and blast those 17 speakers.
And thats fine. To each his own. Nobody needs my approval.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
With the profit margins on these, they can sell 4 and all of the tooling, engineering, and manufacturing costs will be paid for.
Not a single owner will visit this site and give a rat's a$$ what we think.
What I wonder more about is who will want one of these in 10 years. The maintenance and operating costs will be well out of the range most who would consider buying something this size used.

Merle106

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
If this is the new Freedom 450 they made a mistake putting the cockpit shade on the top of the roof instead of underneath like the Freedom 375. This boat has very little rod storage in the gunnels and in the cockpit, you have to put a rocket launcher across the top for 7 or 8 rods. I have the Freedom 375 and have this added to my rig. It works great, we stand on the Icey Tech cooler in the cockpit to store and grab the rods. It works because the cockpit shade extends from under the top. If the motors don't come back as far on this boat as the 375 you could put the rod holders on the stern. I don't know how much clearance there is between the motors all the way raised.