New Grady Owner!!!!

Medicman627

Reaction score
Hello. Just got in after buying my first Grady. She's a 180 Sportsman with a Honda 130hp 4 stroke on the back. All are 1999 models. I'm new to the forum, but not new to boating. I've been looking for this boat for a while now. Took a 750 mile drive to N.C. to pick her up. She's going to spend a few days in the shop, getting a tune up, new impeller/water pump, then a few days in the driveway getting buffed and polished, then it's off to the fishing grounds! In the short term, I'm looking for a set of aft cushions, and a bow cushion. Any ideas of where I can or look for some, (not at dealer prices) would be appreciated. I'm sure there will be more Grady questions in the future!

capeguy

Reaction score
Congrats! I have a 99 180 as well and love the boat. Happy to answer any questions.

Erik Kolb

Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase!

I have a 180 that I love! I am selling it, but only to go bigger. The 180 is such a great do-everything boat for its size, you'll love it.

I sent you a PM, btw.

Erik

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
New Grady Guy

Congratulations. And ask away, because generally there is somebody who can give you the right answer.

Medicman627

Reaction score
Boat is running and in the water. I had the teleflex cable replaced, but now the no-feedback on the helm is no longer a no- feedback. If you let go of the wheel, it's a sharp right hand turn. Guess I'm getting a new helm. Think I'll put some tabs on it at the same time. It's a beast of an 18 footer. Big boat for a small boat, if you get what I mean.

Medicman627

Reaction score
6 hours on the hull on Sunday. All old stickers off, maguires oxidation remover, polish, and 4 coats of wax. Trailer fenders and wheels cleaned and brightened. Today it's the innerds that get a darn good cleaning. She Who Must Be Obeyed gets her first trip on the Grady tomorrow. Lenco tabs, a new helm, and a racor water seperating fuel filter get placed this coming weekend. An official naming ceremony comes after that. Then maybe I'll get some pic's posted.......
Livin' the dream and lovin' the life!!!!

seasick

Reaction score
Medicman627 said:
Boat is running and in the water. I had the teleflex cable replaced, but now the no-feedback on the helm is no longer a no- feedback. If you let go of the wheel, it's a sharp right hand turn. Guess I'm getting a new helm. Think I'll put some tabs on it at the same time. It's a beast of an 18 footer. Big boat for a small boat, if you get what I mean.

If onlt the cable was replaced, that shoudln't change the no-feedback feature of the control (assuming it had it to start with). You may need to adjust the drag on the steering box.

Also, check the position of the trim tab on the motor. It should be just about in line with the keel (straight) with a little rotation to starboard.