NEW redesigned 2023 Adventurer!

SeanC

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
It’s a nice looking boat. I like the helm design with increased area for flush mounting electronics. No more folding transom well. Without motors it’s only 225lb more than the 208 with 5” more beam and longer. I would miss the overhead electronics box and the centrally mounted live bait well of the 228. In Australia it is now classed as a wide load while both the 208 an 228 weren’t. Not sure whether you would notice the the 1 degree less deadrise and the wider beam when compared to the 228. All in all not a bad compromise between the 208 and 228. I would love to have the 218 helm area on my 228. Apart from that I’m more than happy with the 228.

seasick

Reaction score
I like the new layout with a few concerns. Number one is the vinyl covering on the top of the dash. I suspect that will get take a beating in the sun.
Without seeing the boat, I am not sure how 'safe' the raft seat backs will be especially if kids are using them. They may be fine.

The dual swim platforms are interesting but will also in many cases be the first thing to contact a piling or dock. In addition, they may be prone to going under a dock edge and getting pinned..

I like the hard top design with the storage net and VHF radio mount option.
The addition of the anchor roller is a plus but I would have liked to see a separate cleat for anchor line tie off. I am not sure if the anchor is stored hanging off the roller or stowed in the locker as in 208 models ( Is there a slot in the roller assembly to allow the line to be removed?)
The seats are wider but the extra beam may allow for the same spacing as 208 seats ( a bit tight).
I would have liked a picture of access to the bilge. Replacing things and operating the sea cocks on the 208 is difficult.

I think this new design will be very appealing to new boaters with young families as well as more experienced boaters either downsizing or adding an option for the grandkids. I can't wait to see one!

doug228

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
They should make a bracket version with a 300hp rating. Maybe call it the 228?
I always thought my seafarer could use more beam, this thing should be good!