New to me Escape 209

Johnd

Reaction score
Model
Escape
'99 Escape with a Yamaha 200hp. Great looking boat. As it's 23 years old, what can I expect to fix?
Well built boat, we love it so far.

John d

fshlbi

Reaction score
I have a 1993 Escape that I bought about ten years ago. Switches and the breakers under them have needed to be replaced, which is kind of a pain, as they are no longer available through Grady. I found them at hardware stores (breakers) and with some luck online (switches). The boat I bought had a very temperamental engine that I replaced with a "new to me" 200 OX66 from a mechanic I knew. Since then, runs great. Eventually I think the biggest replacement cost will be the fuel tank replacement, but no issues thus far. Normal wear and tear replacement over the years like small rewiring (stern light neg wire was corroded and needed to be replaced.) Other than that, I've been running her with minimal issues. Knock on wood. Only other issue I've had is that the fish box lids in the bow have deteriorated and cracked, leading to some soft spots. I was able to shore up by adding a long board under one and encasing it in bondo. Then just spray painted it off white. (Looks serviceable since under side). Eventually I will take both lids to a fiberglass shop and have them rebuilt. Other than that, some minor repairs along way like the VST filter in the engine, and I removed the pedestal seats and got a leaning post (cutomttops.com I think was website). It's a great boat and I love it. Congrats on your Purchase.

Chessie246G

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
Congrats on the new to you boat. Few things that come to mind.
Thru hulls/hoses should be replaced if not already. Mine is a 92. Half the thru hulls were cracked and came apart in my hand when trying to remove, hoses just fell apart.
Fuel tank/tanks should be inspected/pressure checked.

Where are you located?? My boat is in/out kept in Deale.

Reactions: Johnd

seasick

Reaction score
Assume that everything is broken but you just don't know it yet.

Reactions: Johnd

Johnd

Reaction score
Model
Escape
Congrats on the new to you boat. Few things that come to mind.
Thru hulls/hoses should be replaced if not already. Mine is a 92. Half the thru hulls were cracked and came apart in my hand when trying to remove, hoses just fell apart.
Fuel tank/tanks should be inspected/pressure checked.

Where are you located?? My boat is in/out kept in Deale.
We're in Lusby off of Mill Creek