New (to me) Grady - 2004 Marlin

TerpFish

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I'm new here, and really appreciate all the great info shared here on the forums. I've co-owned several boats with my brother over the years and coming from a 26 Regulator as we go out on our own with the Marlin as a family boat for cruising/fishing in the Annapolis area of the Chesapeake Bay. I have a few projects ahead to get her up speed for the season and will be searching threads here for helpful info, as I've already found.

Thanks in advance for any help, and I'll certainly do my best to share as I learn about the boat along the way. Grateful to find this group!
Cheers,
Rob
grady on cattail creek.jpg

Pat Hurley

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Good luck with your purchase … I too owned a 26 Reg way back in the early 90's. Really enjoyed it then moved on up from there through a couple twin diesel boats and back down to a 30' Marlin we picked up this past October. Liking it so far as we are adding some new goodies and bringing the gel coat up to almost new. Ours is a 2007.

MA208

Reaction score
Nice boat. What does she have for power?

Uncle Joe

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Nice Terp! She is a beauty. Best of luck with her. Be sure to post up some Striper pics!

TortugaBob

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
All the Best! Enjoy my 300 2005, also shipped to TX from Chesapeake Bay, MD. side. Ton of info on this site has helped me tremendously.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Congrats. Best all around boat in the line up, but I'm a bit biased.....

Ted R

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
If I could easily trailer the Marlin I would have one but I will stick with my Gulfstream which I can trailer easily to Lake Michigan from my home port of Gibraltar, Mi.

luckydude

Reaction score
Website
mcvoy.com
Model
Seafarer
Hello folks,

I'm new here, and really appreciate all the great info shared here on the forums. I've co-owned several boats with my brother over the years and coming from a 26 Regulator as we go out on our own with the Marlin as a family boat for cruising/fishing in the Annapolis area of the Chesapeake Bay. I have a few projects ahead to get her up speed for the season and will be searching threads here for helpful info, as I've already found.

Thanks in advance for any help, and I'll certainly do my best to share as I learn about the boat along the way. Grateful to find this group!
Cheers,
Rob
View attachment 20003

You have come to the best place ever. I'm on bloodydecks and thehulltruth, there a lot of people there that are assholes. They want to lord it over you and tell you that you know nothing. This place is all about people being helpful. They will dig into your boat, tell you what works and doesn't work.

This forum is big enough that you will get answers and small enough that we all know each other.

Welcome to Grady-White, that Marlin is what I'd want if lived closer to water. Great boat.

Shannon C.

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Welcome!! The Marlin is the best boat ever made and I love mine, lol!! congrats, you won't be disappointed.

TerpFish

Reaction score
Thanks guys, appreciate the welcome and good wishes! Excited and loving it so far.

TerpFish

Reaction score
Nice boat. What does she have for power?
She has 2006 Yamaha 250s. The boat originally had 225s, but was apparently not used much so they died, then repowered with the 250s from a Pursuit owner that wanted 300s. Engines have been maintained by my mechanic (who I trust and have used for 8 years with the Reg) since on the boat 3 years ago and check out well. I learned the hard way in past boats that it's worth thoroughly checking out the motors prior to purchase. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: PointedRose

Fishtales

Reaction score
Good power/boat combo there. It should do just about anything you want. I've had the F250s on my Marlin for 13 seasons and they have been very solid. The mechanical systems are pretty simple to follow and maintain as well. Have fun.